Easter 2011

Posted by Lotte on Tuesday, May 3, 2011. Filed under: ,

Okay, so I'm a bit late on this, but here's what our Easter looked like this year. We died eggs (the day before): 
Who left my camera in manual mode?? I took at least 10 shots before I found out...
That's more like it
I suspect I might have been more into this than Abe and his little friend were. They didn't like the waiting part much (I just kept gawking at those colors!), but that's a three-year old for ya.


On actual Easter Sunday, we hosted a simple brunch for our friends and their daughters. I always like having them over because they balance out our all-boy family nicely. 

I did some baking that morning. This is super easy to make!
After brunch, there was a full-on Easter egg hunt in our little backyard. It was actually the first time that Abe participated in an egg hunt, but both he and his friend had an awesome time and were proud to show off the results.



After finding all the eggs we hid for them (I counted...) they started painting them. As usual, our little girl guest had a little more patience for this than my rambunctious boy did. 

Abe was pretty content letting me do most of his painting for him.
So this egg hunting business is sure to become a new family tradition for us! I can't wait till next year when little Tijl is able to participate (poor baby slept through the entire thing!) as well. What are your family Easter traditions?


2 Responses to Easter 2011

  1. Anonymous

    Hi Nutmeg girl,
    i just had to respond on your blog. By accident i got on your blog, i was searching why i could not get onto the website of Potterybarn. I googled it and your bolg turned up about your search for what was going on. You wrote in your blog that you would try to find out what was going on and keep us posted, so i kept reading your next post, and the next and the next. No post about Pottery barn anymore, but read your story about who you are and what you do.

    It is amazing on how many things we have been doing exactly the same these years, unbelievable actually. I never write people id o not know, but i could not find an email adres, so just like this.

    Our boys are almost the same age, our 1st is 3 and a half and our yougest is turning 1 in 2 months. We lost our baby girl 2 years ago after a 23 week pregnancy. I saw you named your 2nd boy Ben. Our 1st son's name is Ben.

    Saw you were a UNC Chapel Hill, we lived in Raleigh, NC for 3 years. Now we are back home in Holland and live in Enschede.

    Just wanted to let you know i loved reading your stories, hope you do not mind i did, do not know if this was only for family and friends of yours.

    groetjes
    Imre

  2. Lotte

    Wow, that's a lot of similarities! I've got another one for you: my sister-in-law's name is Imre... what are the chances :) Thanks so much for commenting and so sorry to reply so late. This blog has received very little attention as you might be able to tell. Well, if you read this I hope you'll let me know!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...