Easter Yumminess

Posted by Lotte on Friday, April 2, 2010. Filed under:

So it is Easter weekend this weekend and I love it! Mostly because it means that there isn't a sliver of Winter left for Spring to hide behind, but also because of that yummie Easter breakfast we'll be having. I started my Easter baking yesterday, when I made lemon cookies with my 33 month-old. Admittedly, I was into it a little more than he was (with that 10 minute attention-span and all) but they turned out quite well. We'll be decorating them tomorrow, which should be more fun for him since it will involve chocolate and candy.
Now for the grown-up bit, I'm making lemon curd (just the thought of it makes me want to do a little happy dance!).

Picture from cheekywipes.com

Nothing makes me happier in the morning than warm croissants with homemade lemon curd. The comforting warmth of a croissant fresh from the oven combined with the tart sweetness of the lemon curd reminding me of the impending summer: now that is something you can wake me up for, anytime. I've tried many different recipes over the years (so many to be found!), and have decided to go with foodblogging genius David Lebovitz's recipe this time (can't go wrong there!).
Also on the list this year are cinnamon rolls. I have to admit that I've never made them before but I've been craving them (must be those crazy pregnancy hormones...) and I prefer to have them homemade. I'll be using apurpleocean's recipe and hope they taste as good as they look!

picture by apurpleocean

Well, happy Easter everyone! Will you be doing any baking or cooking this time? What are your favorite Easter treats?

No Responses to Easter Yumminess

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...