All Things Tray

Posted by Lotte on Wednesday, March 24, 2010. Filed under: , ,

You know how you can be drawn to the same things over and over while shopping for your home? Even when looking for something completely unrelated? This is what happens to me with trays (and lanterns. And to be completely honest here, with throws too). I might be looking for new knives or mugs or chairs or even a soap dish for the bathroom, when I spot a good tray, I have to have it.
The thing about trays: they are so versatile! You can use them to get your food things from the kitchen to the dining room, which is probably what their original purpose in life is (though not what I mostly use them for). However, just as easily they convert into decorative little tables (when placed on a stool) and gorgeous gathering places for candles/rocks/picture frames/memorabilia. The really nice ones even do well by themselves. I especially love trays with an ethnic look. Most of the time I find those in smaller stores that import their things from Asia or Africa, but these two I came across at Crate and Barrel:


Aren't they beautiful? The first one I would love for the bathroom, I think it'd look really good with rolled up guest towels or something like that. The second one I could see being used on summer nights in the back yard, filled with candles and pebbles. 
I wonder what the Mr. would have to say about me bringing home some more trays...

No Responses to All Things Tray

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...